Monday, December 21, 2015

You Must Read


I have come to the conclusion that no person can grow spiritually without reading. Frustration rises within me when others suggest we must find ways to make it easier to encourage spiritual growth, rather than investing in reading. (Like all men studies must be SHORT books in order to get participation!!) This is coming from someone who was not a passionate reader. I had to develop this desire. Reading the bible is obviously important and should be a daily discipline for all believers. Reading other books that have a message the Lord has burdened their heart to write is important as well. (Not that all books and authors have a message that would be glorifying to God or have proper understanding of His Word) As I prepare my reading plans and goals for next year I have reflected on some of the books I read last year. This list is compiled of the ones I would suggest anyone read. I definitely went on a trend of holiness and J. I. Packer books. Some of the others are leadership books. All individuals should develop some leadership skills and these were some helpful books. I hope you find these to be as enjoyable and challenging as I did! 


Suggested Readings
  1. Onward by Russell Moore
  2. Rediscovering Holiness By J. I. Packer
  3. The Hole in Our Holiness By Kevin DeYoung 
  4. Wooden on Leadership By John Wooden
  5. Multipliers By Liz Wiseman
  6. Holiness is the Way By J. I. Packer
  7. Keep In Step with the Spirit By J. I. Packer
  8. The Conviction to Lead By Albert Mohler 

1 comment:

  1. Love to read. Thanks for your list. I'm starting my adventure as soon as I can purchase the books. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Devotional Thoughts: The Breaking Point

Photo by Aaron Burden https://unsplash.com/photos/J2XuOsy4mJE Life is full of moments when enough is enough. This can be in the small things...